St. Jean de Luz July 1

The trip through central France is farm country with fields of wheat and sunflowers between small villages and towns. I’ve seen no vineyards yet. We pass houses with tiled roofs and white stucco walls.
St. Jean de Luz-Juliette 1
This little town hugs the coastlines. It has a beautiful long sandy beach. Our apartment is 2 blocks from the beach and very comfortable. It has 2 separate sleeping rooms, a kitchenette, plenty of light, is on the 2nd floor, and has a small terrace with a table and chairs. The windows are all French style windows. We have a long oak table with rattan chairs in the dining area and a large carved armoire. All this for 33 Euros each a day.
As it doesn’t get dark here until 10pm we went to the beach late in the afternoon. Most of the young women sit topless on their towels and the older ladies lay down topless (like me, are more modest).
I went to the marche this morning and bought empanadas with pomme de terre and champignone (mushrooms). I may have misspelled something! Also, legumes and a baguette. I love the markets. I videotaped a man cooking paella, but can’t figure how to upload my video to my computer. My computer does not recognize my memory card.
I drew the balcony of the building across the street from the apartment complete with red Moorish style pull down shutter, iron work grate and window boxes of geraniums in orange and lavender tumbling over it’s sides. I'll water color it tomorrow.

Everywhere dogs are allowed except for the beach. So, they happily sit on laps and under tables inside and outside the cafes and restaurants.
Today we are off to San Sebastian, Spain (only a few miles away). I wish you were all here to share our trip and hope you all have a wonderful fourth of Juliette. Adios y au revoir, Jennifer

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why We Write? I Want to Hear Your Story. Read The Stories Below. Send yours to:jenniferartist09@gmail.com

Fruit Box Castles: Poems From a Peach Rancher’s Daughter and Living through a Pandemic!.

Jennifer's 2017 Events